It’s a papercrafting kind of week! Have you seen the paper sculptures created by artist Patty Grazini? One of her latest projects is a life-size replica of the “Giantess” Elizabeth Lyska, a Russian girl who became famous in the 1880′s due to her incredible height. Grazini’s statue not only captures the astounding scale of her inspiration, but the time and culture as well through fabulous attention to detail. You can read more about it here at All Things Paper (where I read about it) or if you’re in my neck of the woods, you can see the statue for yourself at the Curtis Steiner Gallery in Ballard, WA. I can’t stop staring at the level of detail achieved in paper sculpture here!
By Rosie Bromberg
- Toilet Paper on your neck sterling silver loo roll by LiciaBeads
- Lace Sunglasses – By Wilma
- Etsy Shop of the Week – Woodink
- DIY Painted Belts (and a behind the video look!)
- Etsy Craft Party – Everywhere!