Intuit has a new iPhone app for business owners called Weave.
I have only just downloaded it and entered some things that need to happen for me this week. So far it has been easy to figure out and that is crucial for me. If I have to look at an app for more than like 30 seconds I don’t use it.
Right away I can see that for a contractor or crafter this is a pretty excellent and easy app. You can enter a project and add Todos (<– that's To Do, plural – and I find the new word todo sort of annoying and not real) and then you can add Income and expenses. I have a tendency to forget about or lose receipts and that sucks since if you forget or lose a receipt you don't get reimbursed. Weave will let me enter the expense into my project file right away. I always have my phone with me and I can see myself putting the receipt into my wallet and entering the amount into the app. Easy Peasy. and easy to look up afterwards. I wonder if I could take a photograph of a receipt at the same time in case I lose it… hmmm.
I won't use this as a calendar app for my usual day to day To Do list. I use google calendar and some other things to schedule my life. But for jobs I can see this being really useful.
Here is what they have to say for themselves:
“Weave is the productivity app designed for the creative business owner. Weave tracks your projects, income, expenses, daily tasks and most importantly, your time spent on doing what you love! Easy to use and accessible for all creatives no matter what stage your business is in. From start-up to established entrepreneur, weave will tie it all together and let you know what your next todo is. Quickly enter todos wherever you are and get alerts when you have an upcoming todo.
We’ve also heard back from a lot of moms who use this to track their sewing projects and help them mange their growing Etsy shops. I think it would be a great tool for the readers of your blog who want to manage their projects on the go. And all of it is completely FREE. Download at the iTunes Store Today!”
Intuit wants to make Weave a crafters go to productivity app. I’m really happy to see this kind of app aimed at a small business/ side business owner.
Do you own a small business? An Etsy shop? And an iPhone?
Steps to enter
Download this app from the iTunes Store for Free and give it a try.
Come back here and leave a comment telling me these three things:
1. Your business url or short business description.
2. What about this app looks good and useful for your business.
3. What would you like to see this app have in the future.
oh and make sure you leave an email address too.
Other contest rules:
- At least 10 comments must happen for the giveaway to be valid.
- Any comment that does not include all three bullet points will be disqualified.
- This contest will end Friday October 7th 2011 around 6:00pm Pacific time.
- At which time I will use a random number generator to choose a winner for the 50$ which will be mailed to you in a visa gift card format.
Okay! Have fun! Let’s see some comments!
- Indie Craft Giveaway Deadline Soon!
- Don’t forget to participate in our giveaway!
- December Indie Goodness Giveaway @ Scoutie Girl
- Turn Your Intro Out, on what it means to be an introverted business owner in the digital age
- LogoGarden Constest – Create Your Own Logo and Win!