Okay this isn’t exactly my style… but I do remember giving my teachers a plate of chocolate chip cream cheese cookies every Christmas and it would have been cute to make a little plate cover. The aesthetic of saran wrap over a paper plate always made me feel very UNFANCY. If I had made a jaunty little plate cover with fabric covered with polar bears wearing party hats then I would have felt better.
As an adult I am pretty sure I would never make one of these for another adult but I would definitely make one for my kid to give to someone.
This group of people have made a bunch of plate covers and numbered them and have a whole blog, Pass it on Plates, to follow them around as they get sent from person to person. And they somehow work it out to donate to charity for each plate sent, actually, I’m not super clear on how it works, even their FAQ is confusing.
This was found in the craftgossip flickr pool.
- Make your own festive holiday cake stand!
- Where to get custom stickers for your indie craft business
- How to bind an inside out book
- Hula Hoop DVD Giveaway – When was the last time you tried a hula hoop?
- My hat is off to these radical subversive Australian crafters!