I’ve been seeing people make cake stands out of a vintage plate and a vase or candlestick and they are always so pretty! I might buy one and I might make my own. I bought a cute little plate at Anthropologie on sale for like 3.00 and now all I need is a vase. Although, now that I think about it I would also have to buy special 6 inch cake pans…
Design Sponge has a great tutorial for making a vintage plate cake stand.
Savvyservers on Etsy has a very pretty and elegant cake stand made from a vintage floral Limoges plate. So pretty! Go check out her shop as she has several nice ones!
- pirds and squillows and bases
- 101 ways to cute up vintage teacups
- Plate it forward – Interesting!
- Anthropologie Inspired Vase – Perfect for Mother’s Day!
- Tea towel round up – What’s not to love about an anatomical heart?