Today I featuring some fabulous tips from Patty Gasparino who is here sharing some of her learned tricks for a successful craft show! If you do shows, or especially if you’re planning for your first craft show, consider these things first-
1. Make sure the venue has WiFi if you intend to use a credit card option – couldn’t use my square as no WiFi couldn’t even log into Square to save the data and charge later.
2. Ask how many vendors in each type/ your type ie 20 jewelry vendors out of 40 total vendors = jewelry saturation.
3. Is there food? Do they have to leave the venue for food? If they have to leave chances are they aren’t hanging out as long or coming back once they have eaten – esp if the crowd goers have children – it does affect sales.
4. Introduce yourself to your neighbors – especially if you are alone – it’s good to make friends and sometimes they have great tips / have done the show or another before / at some point everyone has to pee!
5. You can Google many existing shows and get crowd numbers and sometimes ratings. Look under “Craft Fairs and Festivals”.
Find out more about Patty here: