Craft in America Study Center has moved on to the next phase of their exploration of food and craft, Good Enough to Eat: Food as Craft. As such, their lecture series is tastier than usual, featuring two of Los Angeles most renown “tastemakers” in a discussion Sat. March 23rd. Evan Kleiman is not just a chef and restaurateur, but also a radio host and an author who’s been influencing the LA food scene since opening Angeli Caffe in 1984. Peter Shire is an artist known for his art works that push the boundaries of Post-Modern, food-related, functional, and sculptural art. (Yes, all of those adjectives really apply!) And the two are coming together to discuss how food and craft intertwine. Get all the details here and check it out if you have the chance!
By Rosie Bromberg
- Good Enough to Eat – Craft in America
- Katherine Gray Lecture – Craft in America Study Center
- Bust Craftacular and Food Fair Holiday 2012 – NY
- Eat Boutique — Eat Boutique – We shares handmade food stories, curates handmade food gift boxes, and offers handmade food experiences (launching cooking sessions in spring 2011).
- Felt Club and Maker Faire in LA