As a kid, cardboard is prime building material for everything. You need a fort? Cardboard. Doll needs a house? Cardboard. You need an interstellar spaceship capable of faster than light travel? Cardboard. However, most cardboard creations retain a certain essence of box. Not James Grashow’s cardboard creations though, like his latest “Corrugated Fountain“. The sculptures are astounding–painstakingly detailed and full of personality. Even cooler, Grashow has installed this specific sculpture outdoors where it will weather the elements until its eventual demise, a move he says “reflects the human condition: you aspire to do something, to be something, but you’re doomed to mortality.” Read more about it here on the NY Times site or just look at the pictures on Grashow’s website.
- Walktopus, A Work-In-Progress Bronze Sculpture by Scott Musgrove
- Martha where R U. I meant to pinch your butt!
- Book Review – Shaping Destiny
- Fantastic popups and paper puppets from Crankbunny
- Cardboard boxes are good to have around